Madison County Theft Crimes Lawyers
Committed to Defending You Against Charges of Theft in MS
At Savant & Rich, LLC, we understand the difficulties you face when staring into the prospect of any type of theft charge. Whether a misdemeanor or felony, these types of offenses can seriously impact your future if you are convicted. Our firm has been built on strong relationships with our clients because we provide the kind of personalized care not easily found elsewhere.
We always work aggressively to protect you as an individual after thoroughly understanding your situation. If you have been charged with theft or have been subject to a criminal investigation regarding theft, we highly recommend that you contact us as soon as possible so that one of our Madison County theft defense lawyers can get to work on your behalf.
Is Receiving Stolen Property a Felony in Mississippi?
Receiving or possessing stolen property in Mississippi can be a felony if the value of the stolen property is great, if the value of the stolen property is lesser then the charge will be a misdemeanor.
Grand Larceny in MS
Grand Larceny is a felony charge defined as the stealing of property valued over $500. It carries penalties of:
- State prison terms of up to 10 years
- A fine of up to $10,000
- A permanent criminal record that can negatively affect future employment, housing, professional licenses, and government financial aid
Petty Larceny in MS
Petty larceny is a misdemeanor charge that includes shoplifting and involves stealing merchandise valued under $500, it is punishable by:
- up to six months in a county jail
- and/or a fine of up to $1,000
Repeat offenders may receive harsher sentences upon conviction. Convicted shoplifters may also be subject to restitution, attorney fees, and court costs to store owners.
What can a Theft Charge be Reduced to?
In Mississippi, if you are facing charges for a first-time theft offense in certain circumstances you may be able to enter a pretrial diversion or intervention program. The requirements for completing the program can include making restitution, community service and probation. If all of the requirements are met, the charges may be dropped.
If it is not possible to enter a pretrial diversion or intervention program, you may be able to plea bargain depending on the prosecutor’s discretion. To plea bargain you may plead guilty in order to receive a lesser sentence or charges.
Protect Your Rights and Future with an Experienced Theft Crimes Lawyer
If you have been charged with theft in Madison, MS, it is crucial to have a skilled criminal defense attorney on your side. At Savant & Rich, LLC, our team of theft crimes lawyers is dedicated to defending your rights and helping you navigate the legal process.
Why choose us?
- Extensive Experience: Our attorneys have years of experience handling theft cases in Mississippi. We have a deep understanding of the state's laws and legal procedures.
- Personalized Approach: We believe in providing personalized attention to each client. We will listen to your side of the story, investigate the details of your case, and develop a strong defense strategy tailored to your specific situation.
- Aggressive Advocacy: We are fierce advocates for our clients. We will fight tirelessly to protect your rights, challenge the prosecution's evidence, and seek the best possible outcome for your case.
- Strategic Negotiation: Our attorneys are skilled negotiators. We will explore all possible avenues to have your theft charges reduced or dismissed. If a plea deal is in your best interest, we will negotiate for the most favorable terms.
- Trial-Ready Representation: While we strive for favorable resolutions outside of court, we are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. Our attorneys have a track record of success in the courtroom.
- Compassionate Support: We understand that facing theft charges can be incredibly stressful. Our team will provide compassionate support throughout the legal process, answering your questions and guiding you every step of the way.
Don't wait to seek legal representation. Contact Savant & Rich, LLC today to schedule a consultation with a seasoned criminal defense lawyer who will fight for your rights and protect your future.
Talk to a Seasoned Criminal Defense Lawyer First
Following a theft charge, learn more about how Savant & Rich, LLC can assist you with dedicated legal support. With a former prosecutor on board and the full backing of our entire legal team, you can rest assured that we will seek to do everything possible to achieve a favorable result.
Reach out to a firm that cares. Call us at (601) 869-5015 for the personalized legal service you deserve.
Pretrial - Dismissed Identity Theft
Pretrial – Dismissed House Burglary
Case Dismissed Auto Theft
Pretrial – Dismissed Grand Larceny