Madison County DUI Lawyers
Work with a Former Prosecutor to Protect Your Future in Mississippi
Have you been arrested for DUI in or around Madison County? You are likely worried about how this arrest will impact your future. Mississippi courts take driving under the influence very seriously. You could be facing a range of stiff penalties. However, you are entitled to your day in court and no case is ever hopeless.
Why Choose Us?
- With the help of an attorney skilled in DUI defense, you may be able to limit the negative consequences or even have the charge dismissed.
- At Savant & Rich, LLC, your case will be managed by a legal team that includes a former prosecutor who has deep insight into how the state operates.
- For a thorough and aggressive defense, we recommend that you contact us as soon as possible.
Arrange for a free consultation with a Madison County DUI defense attorney at (601) 869-5015 or contact us online.
Mississippi DUI Laws
As in other states, you can be arrested and charged with a DUI in Mississippi if your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) measures .08 percent or higher on a chemical test. If you are 21, the legal BAC limit is .02 percent. If you hold a commercial license, the legal limit is .04 percent. You can be arrested with these BAC levels whether you appear to be impaired or not. You can also be arrested if you appear to be impaired as observed by the arresting officer even though your BAC level is below the legal limit.
Penalties for a Mississippi DUI conviction include:
- For a first offense: Up to 48 hours in jail, a fine of $250 – $1,000, a 90-day license suspension, and completion of an alcohol safety program
- For a second offense: 5 days up to one year in jail, a fine of $600 – $1500, a two-year license suspension, completion of an alcohol safety program, and installation and maintenance of an ignition interlock device
- For a third offense: Incarceration will increase to one to five years, fines will increase from $2,000 – $5,000, and license suspension increased to five years
Other penalties include increased auto insurance premiums and a permanent criminal record that can be accessed on a background check by future employers, landlords, professional license agencies, and others.
Relentless DUI Defense in Madison County
While defense strategies exist for fighting a DUI, you will need an Madison County DUI attorney who is adept in all of the legal, scientific, and technical aspects of this offense. Our legal team has deep experience in handling all facets of your DUI case. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can get to work utilizing our 35 years of combined experience on your behalf.
Consult with a Madison County DUI defense lawyer by contacting us at (601) 869-5015.
Not Guilty Aggravated Assault
Not Guilty on Felony Aggravated Assault
Dismissed Aggravated Domestic Violence
Not Guilty Aggravated Domestic Violence as Habitual Offender
Case Dismissed Auto Theft
Not Guilty Domestic Violence
Dismissed Domestic Violence
Dismissed Domestic Violence
Trial – Not Guilty, Case Dismissed DUI
Not Guilty, Case Dismissed DUI